Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
I experienced a cam failure on my 96 Taurus SHO. I don't have the money to pay the dealer to work on this, so I've done the work myself. A dealer has not been involved. I'll try to answer your list of needed information.
1. VIN: 1FALP54N1TA241274
2. Date of Failure: 19 OCT 2004
3. Heard ticking on road and as pulling into driveway
4. Mileage: 114,700
5. Various ( car did not stop running)
6. Same as 5
7. Purchased used Sept. 2001
8. Mileage at purchase: 75,000
9. Danny L. Farrow
10. Heard ticking noise during local driving. I disassembled the engine to remove the valve covers. Scoring seen on rear cylinder intake(?) camshaft. Photos attached.