Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
that had engine failure: Answer all the questions the best you can.
2. Date of malfunction 12-22-07
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) local mall to home 5 miles
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction 110572
5. How fast were you traveling? was on intrastate without problem. parked at mall then 45mph max on way home. then towed
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? parked
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? used 8-26-02
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase 66,929
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night. Jon Reese (redacted)
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction) Was a noise week before. inspected front plugs and thought noise less. plugs nice tan
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember)
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain.
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#) Witham Ford Cedar Falls Ia.1-319-277-0094
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? I said thought cam sprockets, they said thought just flooded and new oil and plugs would fix. did start but ran bad till wouldn't run or start at all. Paid $475 for oil and pulls that wont be used.
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? They said think timing (on bill) so I think sprocket(s) loose
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt) Haven't tried after reading web pages.
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? Need transportation. Was a good car with new ac ,tranny at 104k,new alt and tires.
talked to Jennifer at 392-ford, nice but no help.
ęCopyright 2000 - 2008; all rights reserved by V8SHO