Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
New 11/20/06, 11/22/06
Details Pending - Buford
1. VIN#s 1FALP54NN8VA174109
2. Date of malfunction unknown exactly. within the past two years.
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) unknown
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction unknown, probably not much more than it is now, considering the car won't start
5. How fast were you traveling? unknown
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? unknown
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? November 15, 2006 (used)
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase 91,394miles
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night. Catherine Mary Gubert
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction) not available
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) not available
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. not available
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#) unknown (I will try to contact the previous owner and get this from them if you want. I know that they had taken the car to a dealer for a diagnosis)
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? not available
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? The engine timing chain gear on rear bank intake cam shaft has broken free from the rear exhaust cam shaft, causing it to become inoperative.
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt) not available
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? Ford Motor Company should accept full responsibility for the numerous cam failures of the 3.4 liter engine used in Taurus SHOs. All engines that have already failed should be replaced or repaired at the company's expense. Engines that have not already failed should be prevented from failure also at the company's expense. All bills from Ford vehicle dealerships which charged owners of failed engines for a diagnosis of the failure should be reimbursed. Bills of mis-diagnosis should also be paid by Ford Motor Company. In short, all expenses of owners of Ford Taurus SHOs with engines that have experienced cam failure should receive full refund for the loss.
I have answered all the questions that I can. Since I did not own the car at the time of failure, I don't know if I can be part of the lawsuit, but at least this car can be added to the statistics. Let me know if there is anything else. I'll let you look this over and if you have any questions you can call me.