Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
Hello Larry, Am attaching a document with the relevant information for my '96 SHO cam failure, am still working on a comprehensive document for the site on the A/C systems, it is taking a while as I wish to be complete the first time around. Unfortunately this is launch time for new vehicle platforms and am extremely busy right now but I will have something for you mid next week.
1. VIN#s 1FALP54N9TA260218
2. Date of malfunction: September 2001
3. Where did the malfunction take place: Vehicle exhibited noise from camshaft upon morning start-up.
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction. 69,000.
5. How fast were you traveling? N/A, idle condition.
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? Constant idle.
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? 1996, car purchased for me as a company car which I later purchased from the leasing company.
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase: 17
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night.
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction) No warning, just the engine clattering upon morning start up.
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) None, I went through my local dealer.
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. No, they took no responsibility for the problem stating that the car was out of its warranty period.
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#)
2798 E. Grand river
Howell, Michigan 48844
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? None, I had them replace the effected camshaft
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? Poor design of the component. Part available for examination.
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt) $1729.45
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? Cover a reasonable percentage of the parts and labor and form an action plan for future failures.