1. VIN#: 1FALP54N3TA291707
2. Date of malfunction: spring 2000 63,000 miles (Once prior at 22000 miles original owner)
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) : Parking lot
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction: 63,000 miles
5. How fast were you traveling? Parked
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed?:
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? June 1999 used
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase 34600
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night.
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction): Always had ticking sound (Low on oil noise). No lights, nothing. Was running then died. Started, but ran badly like under water.
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember): Have notes. Eventfully talked to Ford.
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. Not at first. As we continued to B#*$# they came around since this would be the second time it happened with this car. Actually found out about the first rebuild when checking on some recalls. The Ford dealer in Moorsville, IN looked up the car in the computer telling us it was rebuilt at ~22000 miles under warranty. Ford decided to "extend" the warranty for us and we paid just under $500 for the repairs (labor). Still the ticking noise. They said they would not be able to do this again of course. We were told an estimate of $2700 in repairs by Larry Bird Ford in Martinsville, IN. That then went down for some reason to $1700 later on then Ford Customer service made the necessary phone calls to cover it some.
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#) Larry Bird Ford Martinsville, IN
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? Cam was "twisted"
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? We took his word for it.
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt) Will find it.
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? FIX the problem instead of a "bandaid" on it. At no cost to me. They could have also put new plugs in when they had it apart as the 4 in front were wore down badly. Can not imagine what the 4 I can't get to look like.
Is there anywhere close to Indianapolis, IN to have it welded. Pennsylvania and Georgia sound great but sooo far away. Thank YOU.
Trent and Lisa Bowen