All doors will automatically lock each time the vehicle is driven after all the following steps are completed.
(1) Ignition switch is in RUN/ACC and the autolock feature is enabled (refer to Enabling and Disabling as described).
(2) Apply brake pedal and pass the shift control selector through the REVERSE position.
(3) All doors and the luggage compartment/liftgate are closed when the driver releases the brake.
After this initial lock, all doors will automatically relock when any door is opened and then closed followed by the driver releasing the brake pedal. However, the doors will not relock if the ignition switch is OFF.
The door may not automatically lock if the driver: shifts the transmission into gear without pressing the brake pedal. shifts the transmission quickly into gear after starting the engine. releases the brake pedal and presses the accelerator pedal before a door is closed.
Enabling and Disabling
To enable (or disable) the autolock feature, use the following steps or use the enabling and disabling features sequence as described.
(1) Enter the five-digit permanent entry code into the keyless entry keypad.
(2) Within five seconds of entering the code, press and hold the 7/8 button on the keypad.
(3) Within five seconds of Step 2, and while holding the 7/8 button, press the 3/4 button on the keypad and release it.
(4) Within five seconds of Step 3, release the 7/8 button on the keypad.
If the autolock feature is disabled, the horn will chirp once. If the autolock feature is enabled, the horn will chirp once shortly and then a second time with a longer honk when the sequence is completed.
If vehicle is not equipped with keyless entry keypad, the autolock/relock feature can also be disabled and enabled as follows:
1. Make sure the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered, ignition is OFF and all doors and liftgate are closed.
2. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
3. Press the door power unlock button 3 times.
4. Turn the ignition switch from RUN to OFF.
5. Press the door power unlock button 3 times.
6. Turn the ignition switch back to RUN within 30 seconds of step 2.
7. The horn should chirp once. If not, wait 30 seconds and repeat steps 1 through 6.
8. Press the door power unlock button.
9. Press the door power lock button.
10. The horn will chirp once if the Autolock feature was deactivated, twice (one short chirp followed by a long chirp) if the Autolock feature was activated.
11. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
12. The horn will chirp once to confirm that you activated or deactivated the Autolock feature.