As of last week I am a statistic. I need to sign up for the Class
action. For you website statistics I have a 97 with 92k miles. Ran great
up until about a month or two ago and I got a rattle. Didn't think that
it was much. Then last week she stopped me on the side of the highway.
After all is said and done I am buying a truck and going to do something
with the left over car. Who knows...maybe I'll donate it to science. Let
me know how to proceed to sign my name to the lawsuit. Thanks a bunch
for all the help. The site has been great.
OK Here's what we've got so far. All the info related to who is my son Adam
since it was his car ad he was driving when it failed. All of the diagnosing and
parting out comes from me. After I get the engine out of the body and the back
head off I send you what I know in pictures and verbiage. Let me know if you
need any more info.
1. VIN#s 1FALP54N8VA104710
2. Date of malfunction
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) Expressway, 5 minutes after entering
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction 092118
5. How fast were you traveling? 70 mph
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? Constant speed
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? 11/10/1999 Used
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase 035786
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night.
Adam C. Peak
Canton, MI 48187
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction)
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) N/A
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain.
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#)
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? No
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? Father
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt) N/A
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner?
When this failure happened, I still owed $3000.00 on the SHO. Since I didnít have the money to fix the engine and my dad was laid off from Northwest Airlines at the time, I had to finance an F150 and roll the three grand from the SHO into the loan. The dealer only offered me $500.00 for the SHO on trade so I kept it.
I would like that $3000.00 back.