Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
For those that had engine failure: Answer all the questions the best you can.
2. Date of malfunction It started making nose up in Feb.04
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) In driving around
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction 119,750
5. How fast were you traveling? I would hear this ticking sound it didn't matter how fast
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? normal idling or driving
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used?Jan.99 used
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase 64,000+mi
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night. Anita Carter
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction) I took good care of this car regular oil changes and service car was paid off in Jan 04 feb04 engine started to tick
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) I took the car to Crown Ford 330-3694444 advisor Jeffery A Johnson 1509
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. replace engine at the price of 5630.00+tax or 6800.00+ tax no way!
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#) Crown Ford Lincoln Mercury 3853 Youngstown Road se POBox2307 Warren Ohio 44484 3303694444 1-888-5450281
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? They didn't say the cause they just said cam separated from socket replace engine. I mentioned to the advisor about the cam problem he had no comment.
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? Its clear the cam was defected
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt) To be told the cam was separated cost me 85.60 at the Ford shop. Mar 15 04 I put my car in the shop at Junction auto cost of repairs 3800.00.I paid 2500.00 so far .Mind you I put my car in the shop Mar 15 04 it is now Aug 03 04 my car is still in the shop. I am so disgusted I can not even talk about it.
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? Reimburse me my costs for repairs and inconvenience and the stress caused by this situation.
Again this is a numbers game, Ford states this is rare and many failures are taken car of under warranty. If this happened to you, it is not so rare, may be very expensive and may not have been a case study of Ford's generosity. Either way you could help your self and other SHO owners by sharing your experience with us. - The more the better.