Ben Morrill is owner 1FAFP54N7WA221959
2. Date of malfunction November 9, 2002
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) Highway Route I95
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction 48,513
5. How fast were you traveling 65 MPH
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed Constant
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? Used April 15, 2000
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase 24815
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night.
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction) Total Loss of Power
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) Adam Tompson of Tompson Motors
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. Yes. He is our local auto provider.
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone# None Yet. It is Still Sitting since Incident. We are unsure what to do next.
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? Cam Sprocket Failure
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? No idea we are not mechanics
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt) [Brendan H. Reilly] None Yet
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? [Brendan H. Reilly] Help us to repair so it does not happen again and repair any collateral damage caused by failure of sprocket.
I called my local Ford Dealer, Ipswich Ford to ask if they would look at our 1998 SHO that has just had the cam problem as they are a pretty large dealership. I talked to the head service tech and he said and I quote. " WE DON'T WORK ON THEM HOTRODS" and then recommended another dealer who said they do not work on them either. What do you think of that??
Wise folks know their limits, if they don't think they are up to the task I would have to agree, their skills are not up to the task of working on a V8SHO I wish more dealerships were this honest about their lack of experience and skills.