1. failed 9-14-2000 First Failure
2. 1996 SHO
3. VIN 1FALP54N6TA265764
4. typical failure noises as noted on the internet
5. cost of repair $6,621.85 (took 5 months for South Point Lincoln-Mercury Austin, tx to repair) Note: this repair was under an extended warranty.
1. failed 11-17-2002
2.same car as above
3.same typical noises, but came on much faster while on trip to Dallas, TX; once again seized up while on interstate highway nearly causing a major wreck.
4. this time no warranty; Ford notified by certified mail and responded that they can do nothing since no longer under warranty
5. we are now paying monthly car and insurance payments on a car we cannot afford to repair ,but still have 13 payments left to make.
Owner: Bernice Pratt