Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
I recently (December) had a cam failure. Fortunately, I was able to get them welded prior to the problem causing any engine damage. I had the sprockets welded in Warren, Michigan by Ray or Rayís Performance. I have some pictures that I can pass on if you are interested.
Brett W. Coulter
More details pending.
For those that had engine failure: Answer all the questions the best you can.
1. VIN#s ; I will send later (Iím in the office
and canít get to the car right now).
2. Date of malfunction; The malfunction occurred slowly over a several weeks with a noticeable ticking noise which became louder over time (about 6-8 weeks). The ticking turned into tapping after a couple of months.
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.); It was a gradual onset. I had been visiting and reading information from the V8SHO.COM website for over two years so I knew what to listen for, and knew what was causing the noise. Thanks!
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction;
5. How fast were you traveling?; N/A Ė this wasnít a catastrophic failure.
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed?; N/A
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used?; I purchased the car in May of 1998.
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase; 16,700 miles.
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night. Brett W. Coulter,
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction); See above.
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember); None.
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain; N/A
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#); N/A
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer?; N/A
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? ; Yes, with the expert guidance of V8SHO.COM.
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt); $500.00
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? ; I am a satisfied Ford owner, but I would be happier if I was reimbursed the $500 I spent on the cam sprocket welding.