Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
Hey Larry, I just got my cams welded today by Mr. Doucette and Mr. Archer and Kirk had found that my rear exhaust cam sprocket came loose and moved ~1/8th", the time from that to full failure could have been the next start. The cams were welded without any other incidents. Luckily I was able to purchase the car Tuesday, and get it welded Wednesday.
The information is as follows:
1998 (build date 5/98) VIN# 1FAFP54N6WA2390222 Mileage when welded 87,327
1. VIN#s 1FAFP54N6WA2390222
2. Date of malfunction winter 2005 - true date unknown
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) N/A never completely failed
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction N/A - discovered 87,327
5. How fast were you traveling? N/A never completely failed
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? N/A never completely failed
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? Used 1/03/2005
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase 87,172
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night. Brian Tokarski,
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction) Car was torn apart to check, found rear cam loose.
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) N/A never called
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. N/A never called
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#) N/A was fixed after purchase by independent shop
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? N/A
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? Cam failure on rear cam 16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt) Fixed before complete failure, Receipt is in hand for cam welding
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? Provide recall information and acknowledge the fault that has crippled to many other SHO owners.