2. Date of malfunction
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.)
Noticed the clicking in my parking lot at home, compared to sound on web site, had towed to Rays Auto Repair in Warren, MI from recommendation on your web site.
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction
5. How fast were you traveling?
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed?
Car was idling warm when I noticed the noise.
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used?
Purchased used in 10/2002
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night.
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction)
Was familiar with the issue beforehand, so immediately when I noticed the engine didn't sound right I stopped driving, compared my engines sound to the sound clips on your site and determined it sounded close enough that it warranted further inspection. Had towed to repair shop for further analysis.
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember)
N/A - Have not contacted Ford directly.
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain.
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#)
Rays Auto Service in Warren, MI
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer?
CAM failure requiring weld
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you?
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt)
$500 for the weld
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner?
Car is significantly out of warranty so I'm not sure this is applicable, however has always been treated right when in my care. Not looking for reimbursement just for them to admit there is a problem.