Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
Hi My name is Patrick Goss. I purchased my 97' SHO in May of this year. It was in perfect condition with 148,000 kms on it (I'm a Canadian). 3 weeks later, I experienced what has been described on this site as the familiar sounds of a cam going. My mechanic had checked with 2 Ford dealers before the engine went and they told him there was not 1 service report on '97 SHO's. The car is now sitting as I can't afford to spend the money needed to fix it.
For those that had engine failure: Answer all
the questions the best you can.
1. VIN#s 1FALP54N5VA159650
2. Date of malfunction May 24th, 2004
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) on the highway
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction 149,600 kms
5. How fast were you traveling? 60 miles per hour
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? constant speed
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? April 30th, 2004
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase 147,500 kms
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night. Patrick Goss. Niagara Falls, ON
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction) I started noticing a clicking noise in the engine. The car sounded more like a 4 cylinder engine than the beautiful sounding 8 cylinder that it usually did. Knowing I was seeing my mechanic in a few days, I decided to wait until then to have it looked at. However before I got to have him look at the car, the engine went.
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) Not knowing at the time about the problems with SHO's, I only dealt with my local mechanic who contacted 2 Ford dealerships in the area and both said there was absolutely no problems with this engine and I must have gotten a fluke.
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain.
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#)
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer?
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you?
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt)
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? Either bring the car back up to proper specs with full warranty at their cost with re-imbursement of out of pocket expenses or buy the car off me for the amount I'm into it for.