For those that had engine failure: Answer all the questions the best you can.
1. VIN#s 1FALP54N2TA292220
2. Date of malfunction 2003/08/04
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) Highway
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction 77,XXX
5. How fast were you traveling? 60 mph
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? Constant speed
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? 1999/01/29 Used
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase 31,759
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night. Roger D Skaer
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction) Was traveling home late at night and the car lost power. Did not hear anything unusual.
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) Have not contacted Ford
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. Have not contacted Ford
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#) Took the car to an independent mechanic
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? Broken cams
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you?
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt) Will not have fixed, cost of repairs estimated at > $3,000
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? Offer settlement of at least $3,000, wholesale value of car.