Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
New 3/24/05, 3/28/05
Hey I just recently submitted my info for owners directory. my 96 SHO just had a cam fail. I am screwed now. I have lost my job because I am 20 years old, have no family within 1200 miles of me and I don't have the 4500 dollars that auto-mart (which is a place listed in Dallas on your site) wants to fix everything. they say that they have to replace the cam that slipped, weld all 4 cams, plus they are telling me that the heads need to be checked to see if a valve was bent when it slipped. Is this place lying to me? I paid 3500 for the car. the repairs are 4500. I just made the first payment this month :( I am so furious. so I am gonna give you all my information... if there is anything I can do to help this situation get resolved and if you know anyone that can help me here in Dallas TX please let me know. I feel so used, the dealership I bought the car from (Express Finance) will not return my calls, the secretary will not even let my father talk to the salesman. he is avoiding me. anyways here goes
1. VIN# =1falp54n1ta249455
2. Date of malfunction 3-21-05
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) = at a corner at a red light idling
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction appx 119,500
5. How fast were you traveling? 0 mph I had just stopped at the red light
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? idling
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? 1-28-2005
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase appx. 117,000
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night. Joshua Tilley
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction) about 3-4 days before the problem i heard a clicking sound coming from the top of the engine. now that I have seen the top of the motor off I can see that it had to have been coming from the cam. it began to get louder. on the way to pick up my check from work. DEAD!
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) Haven't called customer service yet
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. n-a
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#)
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer?
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you?
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt)
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner?
The man at the shop said total would be around 5 grand to get everything done. so what I am doing is trading this piece of shyte in at a loss to get something with a warranty . I probably go with the dodge ram 1500 2003 or 2004. thanks for the info. I will keep in touch. meanwhile I am keeping receipts for what I spent on the car. I am still paying for the car too so I would like to see ford do something for me.